The Wolverhampton African-Caribbean Foundation Trust is a registered charity and limited company by guarantee, is run by a Board of Directors and Trustees. Board members come from education, the National Health Service and public and voluntary sector backgrounds. The organisation is Wolverhampton based but offers support across the Black Country areas of Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton.
The Trust was established to assist disadvantaged individuals especially, but not exclusively, those from ethnic minority backgrounds. Through funding grants, the Trust aims to help individuals fulfil their potential, education and career ambitions which may otherwise not be realised without support.
Our Core Values
- To help young people free themselves from poverty and disadvantage by enabling them to train for the job they want.
- Provide tailored small grants to people who are most in need by investing in their talents and aspirations to help them find their way – either straight away or through a series of steps – into satisfying work.
The Trust Aims to:
- Assist individuals to achieve and fulfil their potential in education, arts, cultural and vocational programmes.
- Provide part bursaries, scholarships or awards to unemployed persons of disadvantaged background to access training opportunities by funding course fees, which will enable the individual to pursue a personal/professional development skills programme.
- Provide small grants for Business and Enterprise Start-ups.
- Consider grants for materials, instruments or other equipment for cultural and performing arts projects.
- Provide small grants to support cultural arts exhibitions, production of videos and the organisation of conferences or seminars to promote minority arts and culture within the West Midlands.
- Provide small grants to support research that contributes to better understanding between different communities and improve community relations in multi-cultural, multi-ethnic Wolverhampton and the West Midlands.
- Support individuals participating in cultural exchange between young people of Wolverhampton and the West Midlands and young people from the Caribbean to enhance understanding of Caribbean culture and other cultures with a view of improving community relations in the West Midlands.
The Wolverhampton African-Caribbean Foundation Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales (1149392) and a limited company registered in England and Wales