WHAT CAN BE FUNDED
Small grants, e.g. £500 and larger grants e.g. £1,000 and up to £5,000 in exceptional circumstances, determined by the Board, are available. This list is not exhaustive but items include:
- Study of vocational or general education courses from Entry Level up to Level 4 (See eligible courses at https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/list-of-qualification-levels)
- Tools or equipment for a job or qualification e.g. uniforms, knives, boots.
- Part course and or tuition fees.
- Childcare costs to support lone parents access education and training.
- Residential – educational short courses.
- Business Plan, Marketing and Consultations.
- Special projects championed by the organisation
- Business start-up planning/organisation
- Materials, instruments or other equipment for cultural and performing arts projects.
- Cultural arts Videos, conferences/seminars, exhibitions
- Research to improve community relations
- Supporting cultural exchange to improve community relations
WHAT CANNOT BE FUNDED
This list is not exhaustive but will include:
- Requests for retrospective grants
- Requests for more than £5,000
- Gap year or overseas projects
- Non-vocational training courses not suitable for entry into employment. See https://www.cityandguilds.com/qualifications-and-apprenticeships#fil=uk for eligible qualifications.
- Costs associated with Level 4 courses and above e.g. HNC, HND, degree or post graduate courses or courses of an equivalent level.